• The fire is located six miles north of Klamath Falls and can be seen from Hwy 97. It is burning on private land in grass, sage and juniper.
• There are four homes along Algoma road threatened but in no imminent danger at this time, however, last night one residence was evacuated for safety precautions.
• The high temperatures and predicted afternoon gusty winds will add to the complexity of this fire.
• The Oregon Dept. of Forestry, Klamath County Fire District No.1, BLM, USDA Forest Service, National Parks Service and the US Fish and Wildlife Service are working together to suppress this fire.
• At this time there is 5% containment.
• There are no road closures in effect. Leland Hunter SCOFMP Team 3 Incident Commander warns, “If the fire continues to grow there may be closures or delays along Hwy 97 close to the fire area.”
• Additional resources arrived today and are in place.
• There is congestion in the area, we ask that you try to stay clear of traffic and avoid the area if possible.
Location: Private Lands
Date Started: 9:38PM July 4, 2014
Cause: Under investigation
Size: 57 acres
Total Personnel: 216
Handcrews: 6 Type 2 Initial Attack Crews
1 Type 2 Crew
Water Tenders: 2
Air Support: 1 Helitack Crew
Helicopters: 2 type 2