Klamath Falls, Ore. – Oregon State Police (OSP), with the assistance of Klamath County Sheriff’s Office and Klamath Falls Police Department, arrested a 31-year old suspect early Wednesday morning while executing a warrant related to a drug investigation.
On June 11, 2014, at approximately 4:10 a.m., members of the OSP SWAT Team, OSP Drug Enforcement detectives, Klamath County Sheriff’s Office, and Klamath Falls Police Department executed a search warrant at a single wide mobile home located at 1735 Gary Street in Klamath Falls.
COLTON DESTRY RICH, age 31, barricaded himself inside the residence for more than an hour where he allegedly started a small fire to burn marijuana, and he also disposed of methamphetamine. RICH also reportedly dug a hole in the mobile home’s floor and tried to escape when OSP SWAT deployed gas inside the residence. RICH ran from the residence and was taken into custody by OSP SWAT after a short foot chase.
A search of the residence resulted in the seizure of 23 firearms, five of which have been confirmed stolen. Investigators also seized methamphetamine, marijuana, and other evidence associated with the distribution of controlled substances. A Kawasaki motorcycle stolen from the Klamath Falls area was recovered.
RICH was lodged at the Klamath County Jail on the following charges:
* Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance – Methamphetamine
* Unlawful Delivery of a Controlled Substance – Methamphetamine
* Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance – Marijuana
* Unlawful Delivery of a Controlled Substance – Marijuana
* Unlawful Manufacture of a Controlled Substance – Marijuana
* Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
* Theft in the First Degree
* Tampering with Evidence
* Obstructing Governmental or Judicial Administration
The investigation was led by members of the OSP Klamath Falls Area Command office. Klamath County District Attorney’s Office also assisted OSP and no additional arrests are anticipated at this time.