Father of burned Klamath Falls girl to sue hospital

Doernbecher

 

PORTLAND, Ore. — After a Klamath Falls girl was burnt in a freak fire at a Portland hospital, the father of the girl plans to sue.

The father of the 12-year-old girl who was burned at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital has hired a lawyer to sue.

Stephen Lane told The Oregonian his daughter Ireland Lane is likely to need expensive care, such as a machine to help her breathe at night and possibly cosmetic surgery in the future.

Ireland suffered burns over 20 percent of her body when static electricity apparently ignited hand sanitizer she had used and olive oil that had been used to remove glue from leads for a brainwave test.

The chief medical officer for Oregon Health and Science University, which oversees Doernbecher, Dr. Chuck Kilo, noted that the fire marshal’s report does not blame Doernbecher for the fire.