KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. – Basin Mediactive, LLC, home of 92.5 KLAD, 99.5 The Rock, News Talk 1150 KAGO and AM 960, The Sports Legend along with Sky Lakes Medical Center are hosting the 3rd annual radiothon today to benefit the Cancer Patient Assistance Fund at Sky Lakes Cancer Treatment Center. KLAD will be broadcasting from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm today at Matteo’s Coffee Shop (6-12p) and Sherms Thunderbird Market (12-6p). Stop by with your donation and know that every penny donated will be going to individuals fighting cancer to help them pay bills that they are struggling to manage while trying to fight cancer.
To make a donation over the phone call: 541-882-8833
Patient Assistance Fund info
▪ provides direct financial assistance to patients of the Cancer Treatment Center and their families
▪ examples of uses: transportation to/from treatment, auto repair, rent assistance, utility bills, medications and medical equipment/supplies, groceries, assistance in bringing loved ones to Klamath Falls, assistance paying for funerals
▪ each staff member at Cancer Treatment Center has access to up to $250 in discretionary money to provide assistance to patients
▪ there is also a fund available for small amounts of money for very immediate assistance
▪ funds come from community donations…fundraisers like the Radio-thon; and from investment income generated by the Cancer Treatment Center Endowment Fund